1 pack whole wheat lasagna noodles cooked slightly
3 packages (about 10 oz. each) raw spinach
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup grated raw carrots
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1/2 cup chopped pitted rip black olives
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 cups cream-style cottage cheese (low fat)
1 lb. sliced Monterey Jack cheese (low fat)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (low fat)
1. Prepare noodles, drain.
2. Prepare spinach according to package (or simply defrost ahead of time)
3. Sauté onion in oil, till soft. Add carrots and mushrooms; cook until crisp-tender. Stir in tomato sauce, paste, olives, and oregano.
4. Grease 13 x 9 x 2 inch casserole pan.
5. Layer 1/2 each noodles, cottage cheese, spinach, sauce mixture, and 1/3 cheese. Repeat placing remaining 1/3 Monterey Jack cheese on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 8.
Share for others to enjoy !