• 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1/2 cup frozen corn or peas
• 1/2 red bell pepper, deseeded, diced
• 3 1/2 cups previously cooked scented rice
• 2 teaspoons soy sauce or to taste, or thick soy sauce, vegetarian oyster sauce, or a combination
• Black pepper, to taste
• 3/4 cup cashews
• 1 green onion, finely chopped
• Salt to taste, optional
Heat oil in preheated wok or frying pan on medium-high heat. Add ginger, stir until fragrant. Add onion, stir-fry for about 2 minutes, until softened.
Push the onion to the sides of wok. Add the frozen corn or peas in the middle, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Push to sides, add red bell pepper in the middle and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add rice in middle of the pan. Stir until heated through (about 2 minutes), using a spatula to turn and move the rice around the pan. (Note: You can remove the stir-fried vegetables before adding the rice if the pan is too crowded, and then add them back before adding the seasonings. It's generally not necessary though, since the rice is already cooked and just needs to be heated through).