4 cups french beans , cut diagonally
4 cups carrots
4 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
2 tsp sugar
5 tsp soy sauce
3 tbsp oil
salt to taste
For The Topping
2 tbsp black pepper
1. Blanch the French beans and carrots in boiling salted water for a few minutes.
2. Drain and immerse in cold water to refresh them. This will help to retain their bright green and orange colour.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the garlic and stir fry till it is lightly browned. Add the french beans and carrots and stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Add the sugar, soya sauce and salt and stir fry over a high flame for another minute.
5. Serve immediately topped with black pepper.